Cervical and Lumbar Traction
Flexion and Extension devices
Moist Heat Pads/Cold Packs
Still Point Inducer ...
These are lifesavers for Sensitive Souls. A still point inducer is a simple, comfortable device that you can rest your head on for about 15 minutes (up to 4 times a day). It temporarily stops your cranio-sacral rhythm, which allows your system to "reset" itself. This is part of what a cranio-sacral therapist does when they work with you.
According to the research of The Cranial Therapy Centre in Canada, when your body enters a still point, your "autonomic nervous system switches polarity from adrenal, or stress drive, into relaxed function, allowing the body to sink deeper and deeper into parasympathetic dominance. In this state, the body is guided into its self-healing mode, encouraging better digestion, assimilation, elimination, detoxification, and immune function. Still points reduce muscle tonus, pain, headaches, stress headaches, hyperactivity, insomnia, and ADD/HD. Stress-related illnesses are helped and degenerative diseases are slowed in their progress. . . In essence, the still point becomes an autonomic nervous system balancer enabling appropriate responses to stress including needed repair and relaxation." Additionally meditators report "dynamic, dramatic and deep experiences" using the technique and others have experiences marked reductions in fevers.
According to the Upledger Institute, a still point "enhance[s] the movement of body fluids to improve the efficiency of the immune system and provide natural health benefits. . . . reduce[d] congestion, swelling, headaches, anxiety and overall tension."
It's easy to use the Stillpointer ...
- Lay down comfortably and notice the spot where your head touches.
- Now place the Stillpointer behind your head at that very spot.
- You want to feel your head slightly between the spheres, not on top of them. Adjust the width by releasing the clips and opening the spheres just wide enough that you begin to feel your head sink between them.
- Let your whole body relax and allow yourself to breathe easily and comfortably. Feel free to use a pillow under your knees, head or neck for added support.
- You will benefit from using the Stillpointer for as little as 5 minutes at a time. However, we recommend using the Stillpointer at least once a day for 10 to 15 minutes.
The Stillpointer should not be used by anyone who: has had a stroke in the previous six months; suffers from conditions in which fluid pressure changes within the skull could be detrimental, such as: a recent brain injury with internal bleeding; a cerebral aneurysm; a large brain tumor; or cancers involving aggressive metastasis; or is pregnant and has had a history of miscarriages, or if the pregnancy is pharmaceutically sustained.
Disclaimer: Recommendations provided on this site are not meant to substitute for professional medical advice - use your own best judgment or contact your doctor if you have any questions or concerns about any of these products.
Still point inducers are available through Cole Care.